When it comes to optimizing content, or listings in general, Amazon sellers would usually utter Enhanced Brand Content. And though it is undeniable that leveraging EBC can indeed boost sales, there is another method that many seem to ignore, much yet fully understand. And that is Amazon A+ Content.
In this article, I will try to explain to you what Amazon A+ Content is, how it works, how does it help improve your listings, and how to fully leverage it…….in the most simplest way possible.
Amazon A+ Content: What is it?
In a nutshell, Amazon A+ content refers to a product description of a listing that has multimedia content.
Examples of said multimedia content are; charts that compares said listing to its competitors, and the use of high quality images and videos.
The main goal of using multimedia content on a listing is to enhance user experience, as well as create a more enticing product to anyone viewing it.
What Benefits Do Sellers Get In Using Amazon A+ Content?
Amazon A+ content also allows the use of ‘scan-able’ text that provides information about the benefit and features of a product. This enhances user experience, and gives would be buyers a more informed decision prior to purchasing.
Amazon itself claims that listings with A+ content have been known to have at least 10% better sales compared to those that aren’t.
Amazon credits this spike to the notion that HTML based content converts better, better product branding, and better consumer buying experience.
Convert More Views into Sales with
A+ Page Content
Get Started Today
How Much Does It Cost?
Cost completely depends on you, as there are a couple of ways you can leverage A+ content for your listings.
Self-Service (around $400 per listing)
This option give you full control over the design and layout of your listing. This includes complete freedom on how your images and content will look.
Tip: This is only works well for sellers that have previous experience in marketing/branding products to consumers.
Amazon Builds (around $1500 max per listing)
For those that are not that confident with their marketing and branding skills, you can opt to have Amazon do it for you.
With this option, all you need to do is send Amazon with product images and content and they will pick the appropriate layout and design for your listing.
Tip: Though pricey, it is recommended for sellers that have limited knowledge of how to effectively market/brand products to consumers.
Amazon A+ Content Guidelines and Eligibility
Now if you are starting to scratch your chin in anticipation at the prospect of using Amazon A+ Content for one of your listings, you first need to understand that:
- A+ pages are not indexed by Amazon’s search engine, thus they don’t offer any organic boost to your listing
- Currently, A+ Content pages are not available on Amazon’s Mobile App or on mobile devices in general
- Free A+ Enhanced Marketing Content pages are only offered to products that are sold by a single Amazon seller, and nobody else
- To create an A+ Enhanced Marketing Content page, vendors are required to submit all needed content within a month of confirming the purchase order for a product
- Amazon has the power to remove A+ Enhanced Marketing Content pages for any reason, including, but not limited to, violating Amazon’s policies, closing a vendor account and/or failing to fulfill orders
How To Start Using Amazon A+ Content
- Log into Vendor Central and click the Merchandising Tab
- Select “A+ Detail Pages” from the drop-down menu
- Choose Self-Service module or the Amazon Builds for You module
Choosing the Self-Service module will take you to a page that allows you to enter an ASIN
- Enter the ASIN of the product you want to target for A+ Content
- you will also be asked to enter a project name. Use a descriptive name for your project. You can use your ASIN as project name.
- Click Continue
- You will then be required to design the layout of your page. You have 12 different modules to choose from. You can use up to five modules for each product page
Once done, click “Continue”
- You will now be required to upload your content and image. Click preview to see how your page would look like
- Lastly, click “add to cart” to see pricing
- Purchase your A+ content
Now if you decide to use the Amazon Builds for You module, all you need to do is:
- Enter your ASIN
- Upload a zip file of your content and images
Note: It may take up to seven days for Amazon to approve your A+ content submission after you purchased it.
Ok, we’ve talked about what Amazon A+ Content is, its benefits, cost and how to start using it. But what makes it different from the more famous Amazon Enhanced Brand Content option?
A+ vs EBC: The similarities
- Enhances the look, feel, and awareness of your brand
- Provides examples on how users can use your product through text or images
- Ability to use additional images and text
- Can be used to answer consumer questions
A+ vs EBC: The differences
Enhanced Brand Content:
Only available to authorized, registered, third-party sellers of Amazon’s Brand Registry program
- Price: Free
- Seller Account: Third-Party Seller (Seller Central)
- Can Be Found: In the Product Description section
- Benefits: 5 different layouts to choose from
A+ Detail Pages:
Available to any authorized seller through the Vendor Central
- Price: Depends on the option you choose
- Seller Account: First-Party Seller (Vendor Central)
- Can Be Found: In the “From the manufacturer” section of the page.
- Benefits: 12 different modules with advanced features like animated image change with scroll over. 7 header options (banner and image) 3 feature options that provides more content space
The issue here is not about which is better, rather, it about which system can get you more sales. On paper, Amazon A+ Content is the winner in terms of performance. But at the same time, it can cost you double, or triple on what you will spend if you choose Amazon Enhanced Brand Content.
Now if you are torn between the two, then that only means one thing. That you’re not quite that familiar with the tools Amazon branding/marketing tools available to you. Now there is nothing wrong with that. But choosing the wrong one might hurt your ROI potential.
Would you rather consult with a professional first? Send us an email, we’d be glad to talk it over with you.
Anyway, I hope that this article has shed some light as to what Amazon A+ Content is, what it does, and how to leverage it. If you have anything add, or if you have any questions, feel free to leave it on the comments section below.
As always, have a great day, and see you next time.